Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 215


I was reading the newspaper today. I was reading the news article about the age scam of army chief Gen V K Singh. I used to think that the armed forces were free from the corrupt practices. My illusion is broken now. I was wondering that what was the use of doing such things in the armed forces. Just to have the promotion. I know that the post of the head of any wing in the armed forces is a prestigious post. But that doesn’t mean that a person should tamper the certificate of his age like this to get the out of term promotion. The army is still trying to clean its image due to the scandals done by the army men in Jammu & Kashmir and in the north east. A forum of retired brigadiers has filed a PIL in the Supreme Court against Gen Singh. Gen Singh is going to retire on 31 May, 2012. The government is now searching for his successor. I don’t know what decision Supreme Court is going to take but I would suggest to government that for searching the successor of Gen Singh, the government should find someone appropriate with a clean record. Although, there must be some lobbying for the post. But the government should be independent in selection. 

1 comment:

Mrinmoy said...

The main problem of India....Corruption......

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...