Saturday, June 10, 2017

Day 369



I know I have been absent for a long time now. You might be thinking that on Monday I wrote my last post and today is Saturday then also I’m saying that I was absent for a long time. Actually, since I wrote my last post, I have been extremely busy in the professional work. The week had been a hectic one for me. Travelling and administrative work has consumed major part of my time. Anyway, this is part of the professional work. Although, next week also, there will be hectic schedule again. One has to balance the professional life and personal life.
Actually, last night, I wasn’t able to sleep because of tension. The tension aroused due to official work. To ease off the tension, I started reading a novel. The title of novel was The Da Vinci Code. Although I have read this novel five to six times but last night I started it again just because to get rid of the tension. Although the story is fictional but it raised few questions in my mind. What was the relation between Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene? Is it true that blood line of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene exists today? What type of organisations are Priory of Sion and Opus Dei? Why was Mary Magdalene portrait as prostitute by catholic scriptures? What exactly is Holy Grail? Was Leonardo Da Vinci himself a member of Priory of Sion? There are many questions which came in my mind.
Later on, I thought that why am I bothering myself with these questions? The novel is written as fictional way just for the entertainment of the readers. Although Dan Brown has claimed that the Priory of Sion is a real organisation. But there had been a lot of criticism regarding the book. I’m not going in details of that. But I must say that the story line and plot are excellent. How Robert Langdon is been called by the police chief for helping in a murder case? But that was a trap to confront Langdon to be the killer? Then how Sophie came to Langdon’s rescue when the police chief was trying to tight his hold on Robert. Then the chase after that. How the Langdon and Sophie always outsmarted every move of Bezu Fache trying to arrest Langdon? I think this is the main thing which forces the reader to hold the book till the last page. 
The book mentioned about the use of a cylindrical thing which was attached with five letters concentric rotating dials which was named as cryptex. Well, the book said that this was invented by Da Vinci himself. Well, I don’t know whether it’s true or not but the idea was nice to deliver the secret message safely in the hand of receiver. The message would be destroyed if anyone would try to break the cryptex. This ensured the confidentiality and surety of message being delivered to the right person. Well, in the modern era, this is being done by the computers. There are many ways to do this now. Germany used the cryptology very much during the World War II.
I think I’m getting diverted now. I started to write on something else but getting carried away. I think the arrangement of the sequences in the novel made it interesting. Actually, the some sequences were having parallel to the sequence of Langdon and Sophie. Some sequences were of past. But overall, they all fitted in the right place. That’s why the book became the best seller. It was only next to J K Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix in 2003. In my view, the critics also helped in the sale of the novel at that time. Many religious and literacy criticism did marketing for the novel. Sometimes negative things also lead to the positive result. Although there are numerous citations where critics are making fun of Dan Brown and even few lawsuits against him made his novel more famous.

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...