Saturday, February 21, 2009

Day 84

After writing my last post, I was thinking about internet. The medium through which I’m in contact with you. Internet has really made the world shrink on the computer screen. Now the physical distance is not a barrier for people in coming in contact with each other. Previously people use to be in contact through postal mails. Then comes the internet. Now people are in contact through e-mails. Along with this, there are numerous social networks available on the internet through which people make friendship with another person away from him or her. Internet had helped people to be in contact with their family members who are far from them through e-mails, video chat, voice chat and other means. Now sending videos, text and voices messages over the net have become a very common thing. And the credit for this technological revolution hoes to Mr Tim Berners-Lee. He developed this concept at Conseil European de la Recherche Nucleaire (CERN), the European Particle Physics Laboratory in Geneva, Switzerland. He is the person responsible for changing the world in a nice and constructive manner. If Mr Tim Berners-Lee couldn’t have thought about developing web pages and internet then it was not possible for us to be in contact with each other like this. I’m writing at one place and you are reading my posts sitting at some another place. You might be wondering that what has happened to me. Why am I writing about internet and its advantages? Nothing much to worry. Well a thought to praise god people for good things came in my mind. And in the modern age, everyone is dependent on net. We should praise good things. It’s not necessary that you should agree with me. I’m just appreciating the good work done by Mr Berners-Lee. He has made the communication much easier and simple in the modern age. Hats off to such genius minds of modern time.

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...