Thursday, May 20, 2021

Day 477

 

I’m back again. I know this time I’m back within seven days of my last post. Well, I’m taking this as a good sign. This indicates that again my hobby of writing posts on my blog is forcing me to be active again. I’m happy for this.

Actually, this weekend I was busy in net surfing. What else do you expect me to do on a weekend when lockdown is applied and staying indoor is the best option left in front of us. Don’t worry, today I’m not going to discuss about COVID-19 and the Chinese connection with this virus. I know that you all are well aware of the facts. I don’t want to bore you. Now coming back to the point. As I told you that I was doing net surfing I began to watch few videos. This led me to watch espionage series.

It’s obvious that espionage series attracted my attention very much. Like general public, I’m also inclined to the interest that how secret services across the globe works. Secret services and their operations are always classified and they are out of reach of the civilians. It’s necessary also. Otherwise, no secret service agency will survive if it declares all its operations, assets and other details in public domain. Anyway, I watched old cases of CIA, MOSSAD and R&AW.

Those cases attracted my attention very much. I observed that MOSSAD, the Israeli secret service agency, made its name as fearless and one of the best secret service agencies in the world. Whereas R&AW is still managing to make its bone. I watched how MOSSAD killed the assassins of Israeli team during 1972 Olympic Games. This operation went for more than two decades but the file was closed after each and every assassins were closed. It doesn’t matter which party made the government in Israel but this case went on. Likewise, how MOSSAD get to get MiG-21 plane from Iraqi Air Force. How MOSSAD killed the Nazi war criminal who had bad name like Butcher of Rica. There were more cases like this. Few videos were of FBI operations and very less videos were of R&AW.

It’s not like that R&AW is the most secretive agency in the world. On the irony, R&AW is the most neglected secretive agency in the world. Sad part is that even couple of Indian Prime Ministers didn’t approved the very existence of R&AW. It was out of their control otherwise they would have shut down R&AW. Even one of our former ambassador, who later on held the second highest constitutional position of India, was against R&AW. During his regime as ambassador to Iran, he didn’t cared about the kidnapping of R&AW agent, working with the Iranian Embassy. Such is the political willpower of Indian political system towards the sole secret service of the country. An organisation formed to collect the international intelligence is not getting the proper attention from the government.

It’s not like that I’m writing this post under the influence of those videos. But we can’t ignore the fact that FBI, MOSSAD, KGB and MI5 and MI6 are few of elite secret services. Even Pakistan’s ISI has got more power than R&AW. I was analysing few facts between MOSSAD and R&AW. India got independence in 1947 and Israel got independence in 1948. But in present situation, MOSSAD is much better condition than R&AW. Every political party and every Prime Minister of Israel has encouraged MOSSAD to become a better organisation. But we had Morarji Desai and I K Gujral, who got R&AW agents arrested in Pakistan and were eager to cut down the annual budget allocation for R&AW. This is something which is very unfortunate.

A secret service agency which is responsible for collecting international intelligence must be treated accordingly. Actually, it’s very sad to say that still we are much lagging behind in the intelligence area. I think that till date, no central government has given the full credit to the intelligence agencies and its agents. I hope in future the central government will give the proper credit and attention to the intelligence agencies of which the agencies are worth of. Still, there are a lot of secret agents in India for whom patriotism has been always at the top. Government need to give them some more attention to the secret agents.

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...