Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 303


Now its less than 72 hours for me to take my flight to come back. I’m really waiting for my flight to back home. When I came in America then I was having a thought that I have two and half months to stay. But now its less than 72 hours. The time has passed on its own pace. But sometimes, I felt that it’s passing very fast and sometimes I felt its passing very slowly. Actually Orangeburg isn’t a big place where I found everything according to my necessities. Columbia is the capital of South Carolina and it’s about 40 miles from Orangeburg. But without having a car, that seems to be a very long distance. Actually Columbia had few Indian restaurants and grocery stores. Even though I found some spices and vegetables in Orangeburg which are common in India but still something was missing. Actually we can say that Orangeburg is a small city in Indian context. I didn’t found many things to do here. But when I was in Washington then I really liked the place. May be the reason was that I was feed up while living in Orangeburg and while roaming in Washington gave me a change. But the Washington visit was the most enjoyable and memorable part. I went to Charleston also. But Charleston is more of a historical city. The American civil was got started there and it was Charleston where the Africans were brought to America as slaves. They still have the market called slave market where the slave trade was done. But now it’s more like a modern market where the necessary items are being sold.
There were times when I just stayed in the apartment, wishing to go somewhere. But now at this point of time, looking back seems recalling all those moments I have spent there. For the initial two weeks, I was literally alone. I know how I passed that time. If I wouldn’t have my laptop and internet then I would have gone crazy. But I made myself busy in watching Indian shows on the internet. Now I think that I’m taking all these memories with me back to my home. Everybody back in India, particularly my friends, is expecting me to bring something for them. I don't know how much stuffs I can take with me where I don't have to pay the custom duty and all. But it’s sure that I’m going to disappoint many of them. 

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...