Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Day 495

 I wonder what to write today. In my last post, I wrote about the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup. I was very hopeful and enthuastic about India’s winning this time. It was my expectation that India will face Australia in the final. Actually, it was repetition of the 2003 edition of the same tournament. In the last 20 years, Indian cricket has changed a lot. So, I was hopeful that this time, Indian team will be victorious over Australia and will lift the world cup. 

But my dreams were shattered. Australian team showed excellent fielding and bowling skills and when it came to batting they outshined every other thing. Well, this wasn’t in my expectations. I admit that I was really hurt to see the downfall of the Indian batting line in the way it did. But I was expecting that our fielding and bowling has been of top quality in the entire tournament. I was hopeful that our bowlers will do the miracle and will restrict the Australian team. But unfortunately, 2023 World Cup final truly turned to be replica of 2003 World Cup final. 

Like every Indian, I’m still unable to come over from the shock that we got on 19 November 2023. Actually, as I said, Indian cricket team played very well and every department was doing excellent work. Including the finals, Indian cricket team played total 11 matches in which they won 10 matches. Every player put their maximum effort in the tournament that’s why they were undefeated in the entire tournament. 

But don’t know what happened in the final match? Where we lacked? What were the things which stopped us from being the victorious in the finals? Well, its time to think again that where we have lacked. How the undefeated team faced the defeat in the most important match? I don’t know that when will I be able to see Indian cricket team wining the world cup again?

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...