Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Day 300


Today I’m writing the 300th post on my blog. Another landmark achieved. I’m really happy today. Not only because of the 300th post but next Monday, I’ll be flying back to India. I don't have the direct flight to New Delhi from Columbia. But first stop from Columbia is Dallas in Texas. From Dallas, I’ll be flying to London. From London to New Delhi. I have a gap of eight hours at London between my flights. I wish I could have the UK visa, so that I could have seen a part of the ongoing Olympic Games.
The Indian athletics are doing pretty well in the ongoing London Olympics. Gagan Narang won the bronze medal in shooting and he won the first medal for India. In badminton, Saina Nehwal in her first game in Olympics by defeating her Belgium opponent Lianne Tan. Ashwini Ponnappa and Jwala Gutta have Wen Hsing Cheng and Yu Chin Chien in the doubles match in badminton. Leander Paes and Vishnu Vardhan have gone in to the second round in tennis. Only sad news is that the Indian hockey team lost their match to Netherlands. But they have put their best effort and gave tough competition to the Netherlands. Overall, the Indian athletes are making the entire nation hopeful of getting more medals this time.
On the home front, the fast of Team Anna has reached its sixth day. There are many supporters of this ongoing fast and they are supporting it to have an honest Lokpal. Families are joining the protest with their children, students bunked their colleges to join the movement and many people have taken leave from their works to express solidarity with Team Anna. This is the prove that people are feed up with the way of the government is working and the corrupt practices of the politicians. A daily wage worker, who earns Rs 300 per day, joined the fast movement of Team Anna because he thinks that the government has become stubborn and it doesn’t thinks about the problem of the common man. Even businessmen and managers are joining this movement. A manager in a MNC has stated that everyone is facing problem in getting every government departments for small things like getting driving licence and birth certificates due to corruption. Many people are joining the Team Anna’s movement because they are rid of the corruption in the government offices. They want to see a corruption free India for their children. 

No comments:

Day 496

  JAI SHRI RAM   Actually, I thought to write this post on 22 nd January itself, but I was busy whole day in watching the live broadcas...